Internet access has become more and more prevalent in today’s society and as such, surfing the Internet on a daily basis has intertwined online activities with our professional and personal lives.
Unassuming activities such as Online Shopping, Social Media, Email, Mobile Computing ensure we are subjected daily to an onslaught of Viruses, Malware, Phishing, SpyWare, Hijacking, RansomWare etc. attacks, specifically engineered to cause as much disruption as possible and relieve you of your personal details and hard earned money.
Not so long ago, a virus would much have to be ‘invited’ onto the system, which typically occurred when a user opened an infected email attachment or installed a rogue file, but with today’s new breed of viruses, which are significantly more advanced, all it takes now to infect a system is for a user to simply visit a ‘Poisoned’ website. No user intervention, no clicking, no warning… nothing…
IS MY COMPUTER INFECTED?
Is your computer running slower and taking longer to boot into Windows than usual? Are there strange applications stating that your machine has ‘multiple problems’ and offering a one-click-repair? Is your Internet browsers’ homepage changed to a URL you didn’t specify? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you very well might need our services…
THE REMOVAL PROCESS
We take extreme care with your valuable data, and as such, take extra precautions when removing potential data-destorying infections from your computer systems.
When removing infections from your system, we will typically:
- Backup user data if required
- Remove all threats using our unique multi-step scanning
- Repair the damage caused by the infections
- Reset core components – Firewall, HOSTS, Windows Services etc.
- Install all Windows OS Updates, Service Packs and Patches
- Install, update & configure Premium Antivirus solution
- Tune & optimise system for optimal performance
- Check all hardware and report findings & recommendations